Thursday, November 12, 2009

Two Weeks of Thanksgiving

Multiple times over the last couple of days I've started writing posts that just sound downright whiny. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that I need to shut my mouth when I feel like complaining and just be thankful for the MULTITUDE of great things I have in my life. Focusing on the positive is not always easy to do, but I'm going to make a go of it by posting one entry per day until Thanksgiving about the things that I am thankful for in my life.

Today's focus: My Family

I am blessed to have a supportive and loving family. Yes, we've gone through rough times, but who doesn't? I am fortunate enough to have loving parents, an awesome brother and sister, in-laws who treat me like I was born into - rather than married into - their family and three sisters- and one brother-in-law who I'm lucky to call family. That doesn't even cover my husband and child or my outstanding extended family. When I'm feeling lonely or bummed, I need to remember that there are LOTS of people who love me (even when I'm a raging crab who doesn't deserve it!).

It was a humbling moment when the hubby and I arrived home from the hospital with our new little crying, pooping, sleeping bundle of joy and realized that we were now a family. Not that we hadn't been before. But when you're a twosome, it's different. Now we are the ones saying "eat your peas, don't stick that up your nose, just WAIT til your father comes home." He and I have marveled at the fact that in a few short years, we'll have a homework-doing, attitude-having (ha! few years?!), party-attending teenager. And I am privileged enough to be wiping her hind end until those days arrive! It's an odd change going from being a kid to having a kid. REALLY makes me wonder how my mom made it look so easy with three of us!!

Anyway, to those of you who read this to whom I am related - thanks for being awesome! I'm grateful to be part of your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment