Monday, January 10, 2011

My Little Storyteller

Anna's imagination has literally exploded. All over my living room. She is a champion at pretend play - building block castles, cities and towers, which she then populates with her beanie babies, Fischer Price Little People and various other critters that have invaded my once-clean house. She makes up stories to go along with her play and frequently she tells those stories to me. However, there are only two story lines that she follows consistently (in some variation).

They are:

1. "Once upon a time there were THREE MON-SERS!!!! And one fall down he CRY!"

2. "God Jesus was borned and he gonna love us. All....Night!"


Her facial expressions and gestures while she's telling these stories make it more of a performance than a story. And she ends each story with "That's a good story, mama?"

Yes, honey. They are great stories. No matter how many times I hear them, because I think it's both sweet and amazing that she's beginning to be able to grasp the idea of storytelling and imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment