Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Can I Take a Sick Day?

I am taking a half a sick day from work today. I feel like crap, but enough about that. Why is it, now that I'm at home, trying to relax and rest in order to get better, that I can't stop thinking of all the stuff I could/should be doing?

I could organize Anna's closet! I could pack for our trip! I could get dinner started for tonight! I could pick up Anna early from daycare and spend the afternoon with her! Alas, even though I'm taking a sick day, I'm not REALLY taking a sick day.

Apparently this comes with motherhood, the inability to just sit and relax. Even if I manage to find an hour to sit down in front of the tv at night, I can't just sit there and watch tv. I have to be folding laundry, flipping through a magazine, catching up on Facebook. God forbid I ever just sit and relax for 60 minutes.

Argh! It's so frustrating! I want to nap and just rest and get over this stupid cold, but my to do list is haunting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment