Friday, September 11, 2009

I JUST Had a Baby...Like a Year Ago

About a month and a half ago, Anna turned one. Around that same time my "I just had a baby so you can't judge my humongous and gross body" excuse card expired...I know, bummer. So I joined a gym.

If you know me, you know I hate exercise. If you don't know me, well, I HATE exercise. I hate it because it's tedious and takes up time that I feel I should be spending on the piles of dishes and laundry, balancing my checkbook, chasing my kid, etc. I hate it because it's BO-RING! I hate it because sweating is gross, and sitting on/touching machines that other people have sweat on is even grosser.

However, after nearly two and a half months of religiously hitting the gym after work every day (or at least 4 days a week) and adjusting my eating habits - it's not a diet because I will NOT deny myself my Cheetos or an occasional taste of chocolate - but adjusting my snacking habits and making sure to stock lots of fresh produce and lean meats, healthy snacks, yadda yadda yadda, the weight has finally started to come off.

I didn't gain too much baby weight in the first place. Thank you, God! With all that guacamole and cake I ate, I certainly should have come out of that experience the "two ton walrus" that I was calling myself throughout my third trimester! But thanks to a lot of stress eating when I lost my job in January - that would be a whole different post...I gained a good chunk of the "baby weight" back. When I joined the gym in July I had 14 pounds to lose to get back to pre-baby weight. And let's be honest here, I was no slim, slender lady then either, so I'd surely like to lose more. But more than anything, I want to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes!!

As of yesterday, I have only 8 pounds to go to pre-baby weight! My first goal is to reach that before my doctor's appointment in October. My second goal, as I told my husband when I first joined the gym, is to "get smokin' hot and then get myself knocked up again." He told me he's on board with 50% of that goal....

No comments:

Post a Comment