Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'll Take "Naughty" for 1,000

The toddler who has managed to unroll more than 3 rolls of toilet paper in the last 48 hours.

Who is Anna?

If this was your answer, you are the winner of Toddler Jeopardy.

This has been both a fun and trying weekend. It seems as though Anna's already bug-sized attention span has gotten even shorter and now when she gets bored with something she goes looking for trouble. And if she can't find trouble, she creates her own. In the garbage can, under the sink, up or down the stairs, in the bathroom (though, thankfully not in the toilet...yet), you name it, she's tried it this weekend.

And it's not as though we get much warning. We'll be playing a nice game of stack up a tower and knock it down and she'll suddenly leave the room, shouting "bye!" as she goes. Before you can even get up to follow her, the toilet paper is out the bathroom door and around the corner, the cat is covered in Tinkerbell stickers and half the basket of clean and formerly folded laundry has been shoved back down the laundry chute. Ok, maybe not THAT bad, but you get what I mean.

The hitting has been a problem this weekend. She's been hitting me in the face, both when she's exhausted and when she's excited to see me. I've been telling her "no, hitting hurts!" and then asking her to say she's sorry. Except now I feel horribly guilty because she's been walking around all day apologizing for...well...I'm afraid she's apologizing for existing! Or maybe she doesn't understand what "sorry" means. But I think it's the former.

Her sense of humor cracks me up. She amuses herself to the point of giggles constantly, which of course sends me and hubby into fits of giggles of our own. It's a good thing. A really good thing. I'd get a lot more frustrated with her hijinx if the cuteness wasn't as prominent!

1 comment:

  1. Anna was practically perfect for me on Friday! (Meaning I caught her just as she was trying to grasp the end of the new TP roll!) :D We had a great day! Read 482 books, I think.

    ReplyDelete